What an exciting assembly!!
Two of the Warriors players joined us at CPDS today to share some really important messages. Patrick and Toafofoa Sipley got us all so excited with heaps of games and prizes given out to so many students.
The main messages that we took from the visit were:
- You should make sure you get plenty of sleep every night.
- Water should be drunk before during and after exercise.
- Keeping Fit is important for keeping your body healthy.
Wednesday, 31 May 2017
Thursday, 25 May 2017
WALT: persuade the crayons to come back to the crayon box.
Success Criteria: to be successful we need to
- respond to what the crayons have complained about
- give evidence to support our arguments
- create a powerful closure to make a strong argument
After reading the story 'The Day the Crayons Quit', we each chose one coloured crayon that we were going to try and persuade to come back to the crayon box.
Have a read of some of our work.
Friday, 5 May 2017
In our class we have been talking about the soldiers that went to fight in the war. We looked at some of the characteristics we thought these soldiers would have.
It was interesting that we could see so many of our school dispositions being important to these people too.
Have a look at our brainstorm and see what other characteristics you think would be needed.